Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What kind of alternator?

I am building a generator with a 18hp Briggs an stratton engine but I need an alternator. I want to get as many watts out of this as I can. The 8000 or 10000 watt portable generators that you can buy at lower or sears use a 15hp Briggs engine so I no I can produce the same with mine. What I need to no is what kind of alternator is on the portable one and were I can buy one. Also how many amps does the alternator need to be and is there anything else I can use to produce this amount of watts.



What kind of alternator?different myspace





WATTS =18x 746(EFFx.65) =8728.2



You can use the 8000 watt portable generator and use on your Brigggs and Stratton engine.The wattage obtained from the calculation above may be lower if your engine efficiency is lower than 0.65

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee